Harrington is a self-contained, standalone iris enrollment and authentication system that is offered as a complete reference design. This solution is a superior combination of optical and algorithmic elements that enable absolute security and unmatched ease-of-use.
Harrington includes off-the-shelf near-infrared illumination, a commercially available image sensor, proprietary lensing for image sensor, and leading-edge enrollment and authentication algorithms.
This design is ideal for diverse markets, including Medical/Healthcare, Enterprise (including secure printing), Home Security and Lottery/Casino.
A rich variety of system interface topologies enable a simple yet robust messaging interface to the main system controller while on-board algorithm processing minimizes overhead for the main system controller. Dual iris enrollment and single- or dual-iris authentication are supported with software and algorithms that are portable to other OS's.
- Single iris False Accept Rate (FAR) of 1 in 1.5 million.
- False Non Reject Rate (FRR) less than 2%.
- Optional dual-iris authentication.
- Robust liveness testing.
- Revocable/recallable biometric template.
- AES 256 encrypted biometric template.
- "Arms-length" working distance.
- Works with eyeglasses.
- Works with most sunglasses.
- Works in daylight and darkness.
- Hygienic -- nothing to touch, no biometric left behind.
- Liveness testing and authentication in less than a second.
- Near-infrared illumination LED(s)
- Connector to support Jericho imager module.
- 32bit ARM SoC.
- Secure memory.
- Tamper detection.
- Communication protocols including USB, I2C, UART, SD, audio in/out, & CAN on-board, with provisions for expansion boards supporting WIFI and Bluetooth.
- Reference board dimensions: 52 mm x 147 mm
- Example enclosure dimensions: 80 mm x 151 mm x 30 mm (USB Type C connector only).
- Portable to Linux, Android, Windows, and iOS.
- Flexible matching topologies: 1:1, 1:few, 1:many, local, network, cloud, multifactor.
- Algorithms are portable to a secure processing environment.
- Algorithms library available to support customer application creation.
- IEC 62471:2006 & CIE S009/E-002 IR lamp safety standard.